NFPA 20 standard deals with the selection and installation of pumps supplying liquid for private fire protection.
- Applicable Capacity and Head range for SDS pumps are listed below
|Rated Capacity (GPM)||Rated Head (m)|
- All interior bolt or screw that are exposed to pumped liquid shall be of rolled bronze or corrosion resistant material.
- The pump shall be provided with automatic air-release valve, circulation relief valve and pressure gauges.
- Bearings shall have an L-10 rating of not less than 5000 hours at maximum load.
- The pumps shall be provided with at least four packing rings plus a lantern ring. The lantern ring may be permitted to replace one ring of packing.
- Impellers, wear rings, shafts, lantern rings, glands shall be made of corrosion resistant material.
- Following material specifications are applied to STANDART NFPA fire pumps:
|Casing||Cast Iron||0.6025||GG 25 (GJL-250)||A48 Gr. 40B|
|Ductile Iron||0.7040||GGG 40 (GJS-400-15)||A536 Gr. 60-40-18|
|Impeller||Cast Bronze||2.1050.01||G-CuSn 10||B584 C90700|
|Shaft||Stainless Steel||1.4021||X20 Cr13||A276 Type420|
|Stainless Steel||1.4401||X5 Cr Ni Mo 17-12-2||A276 Type316|
|Shaft Sleeve||Stainless Steel||1.4401||X5 Cr Ni Mo 17-12-2||A276 Type316|